Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Speaking Of Effie And "Dreamgirls," Is Broadway Ever Going To See Amber Riley In The Role????????????


                                  Like all good Theater Queens, occasionally I pull out my "Dreamgirls" CD, and act it out.  Now, everyone knows "And I Am Telling You....", but, girls, I am telling you, the song I actually prefer is Effie's Act Two tuner, "I Am Changing."

                                   Who would have thought Amber Riley, aka Mercedes, on "GLEE," could pull off this role. Sweeties, go on YouTube, because, I kid you not, her rendition of the famous Act One closer brought tears to my eyes.  As did "I Am Changing."

                                     When Amber got raves--and I believe an Olivier Award--for her Effie in "Dreamgirls," when she did it in London, back in 2016, rumor was she would bring it to Broadway.

                                         Well, how about it?  Broadway could use a jolt of electricity that this show gives, and youngsters need to learn the truth about that bitch, Diana Ross!  Though "Dreamgirls" eventually softened things, back when it was conceived as a vehicle for Nell Carter--yes--Effie, in one of the rough drafts, died, just like Florence Ballard.  It was a wise move to omit this from the final version, and give audiences, and Effie, hope.  But it may lead to a discussion of how that bitch Diana murdered Flo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Amber, please bring Effie to Broadway.

                                            'Cause, if you do, I am telling you, I AM going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Here is Amber doing "I Am Changing!"  Just wait till you hear this!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: