Followers

Thursday, December 27, 2018

And, Oh, What Heights We Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               Darlings, and especially Theater Queens, if you want to see design, if you want to step into a real life, Technicolored, MGM Vincente Minnelli fantasy, you have got visit Dyker Heights in Brooklyn, during the holidays, because, come this time of year, THIS is the place to be.

                                  The evening started out as a celebratory one, at Spumoni Gardens, where David and I learned that, our neighbors, Jennifer and Dan, who took us, thanks to Dan's car, are engaged to be married!  Now, I have to plan a wedding!  Get me Sally Hershberger!  Get me Sylvia Weinstock, on the phone, at once!  Get me ANNA!  Anna Wintour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    But, honestly, you have not seen these houses until they have been seen up close.  David was worried all these lights would trigger my epilepsy, which they did not, thanks to my meds, while I feared he would develop motion sickness, which he did.

As for me, darlings, they upped the ante for my taste in décor a la flambe!!!!!!!!  I mean, look at this dazzling array of color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am telling you, it was like "Lucy In The Sky, With Diamonds!"  Who needs drugs?  Who needs LSD?  Come over to Dyker Heights, and, I guarantee, you will get high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The big area is around 84th Street and 12th Avenue, which must be a very wealthy section, because look at the size of these houses.  I love huge houses, so I must come back here during the Spring, just to assess the properties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had heard about Dyker Heights, for year, and it is all true!  Bus tours, walking tours, people selling hot food and cocoa, it is all part of the attraction now.  

From a simple house decorating contest between neighbors, to THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

As Cindy Adams once said, kiddies, "Only in New York, only in New York!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: