Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Welcome To December, Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     This month is crammed with activity--shows, parties, visits, gifts, and in between all this I have to blog and try to at least make my reading record of 100 books.

                                       As those who have been with me awhile know, each December, I do a Christmas related theme.  That will be maintained, but, because this year's pick is so unorthodox, I am going to incorporate, every several days, some Holiday tradition.

                                         Like starting off this month by the perfect Victorian December calendar, from the opening of the Golden Books edition of "The Night Before Christmas."  My favorite version, by the way!  It set me on the road to Victoriana.

                                          Now, the theme of this year is going to be....Christmas Horror.  See what I mean?  Very unconventional.  Besides horror films centered around Christmas there will be Grand Guignolesque displays of Holiday cheer!  Heh!  Heh!  Heh!

                                           Today is special for me, personally, both happy and sad.  Thirty five years ago, today, I  pulled up stakes, moving from Highland Park, New Jersey, to my first apartment, in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.  The sad part is so many important people in my early life are now gone.  But I have others, most importantly, my beloved David.  But I miss the ones who have gone.

                                             So, let us kick off the month, with the first horror image!

                                              Have a Merry, and Ghoulish, Christmas, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: