Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Happy Maundy Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             Only I, The Raving Queen, darlings, could equate this day with the Mamas and Papas song, "Monday, Monday," which I will try and include on here, at the end.  The phrase,  "Maundy, Maundy," is just too precious to resist.

                                              Of course, as a child, I was raised on the day's more popular name, Holy Thursday.  I used to hate going to services that evening, because the sprayed incest would just make me gag!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               This was the night of the Last Supper, the Agony In The Garden, and the betrayal by Judas.  If you believe Andrew Lloyd Webber, it was when the Apostles sang, "Look at all my trials and tribulations."

                                                More, to the point, though, what does "Maundy" mean?  I love the word, but my beloved husband kept asking me all week what it meant.  It refers to the ceremonial washing of the feet, which Mary Magdalene did to Jesus.  And I am talking Mary Magdalene, NOT Yvonne Elliman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 So, a Happy Maundy Thursday, to one and all!  Observe it in whatever way suits you.

                                                   And here's a word from The Mamas and The Papas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: