Followers

Monday, April 17, 2017

Here Is Jessie Mueller's Next Project!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, How About Celia????????????????


                                        Remember girls, you hear it first, here!

                                        Four years ago, back in 2013, "Great Performances," on WNET broadcast a "Live From Lincoln Center" rendering of Rodgers And Hammerstein's "Carousel."  It starred Kelli O'Hara and Nathan Gunn as lovers Julie Jordan and Billy Bigelow, Jason Danieley as the hottest and best voiced Mr. Snow I have ever heard, and the remarkable Jessie Mueller as the Carrie of Carries, since Audra McDonald did the role, back in 1994.

                                         I saw Audra's production live, three times.  I watched the 2013 one on tape.  Each time, I lost it!  The tears just flow from me, with "Carousel," the most gorgeous and darkest of Rodgers And Hammerstein's musicals.  I even did my Master's Thesis on the show.

                                          Well, girls, hold onto your hats, and get out your ticket money, because, on March 23, 2018, "Carousel" will be coming back to Broadway, for the first time in 24 years!  A theater is yet to be announced, but wouldn't it be great, having it at the Beaumont again???????????

                                           This time, Jessie will be taking the lead role of Julie Jordan!  Oh, my God; I cannot wait to hear her on "If I Loved You," "What's The Use Of Wondrin'?," and, of course, "You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I get chills, just thinking about it.

                                               Her Billy Bigelow is going to be Josh Henry, fresh from "Hamilton."  So, "Carousel" is going color blind, again!  Will it cause as much controversy this time, as Audra McDonald, back in '94???????????  Not only she, but then leading man Michael Hayden, was criticized for not being John Raitt, (!!!!!!!!!!) though I thought what he brought to the role was extraordinary.  Henry will have a lot to live up to.

                                                  Renee Fleming is doing Nettie Fowler.  I cannot wait to hear her on "June Is Bustin' Out All Over!"

                                                   Now, the roles of Carrie and Mr. Snow have not been cast!  So, I am calling on everyone to urge the casting of Celia Keenan-Bolger as Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!  Not only could she  do it, beautifully, but, my God, Jessie and Celia in the SAME production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tickets will be scalped for months!!!!!!!!!!!!  A dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   Justin Peck is the choreographer.  I am curious to see how he re-imagines one of the great musical theater dance pieces of all time, the "Carousel Ballet."

                                                     Jessie is set, which is good enough for me!  But, now let's get Celia on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                      I am having paroxysms, right now, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: