Followers

Friday, August 11, 2017

I Have The Craziest Dreams, Sometimes! Really, I Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  One night last week I had this dream about appearing on stage, with Tallulah Bankhead, in Thornton Wilder's "The Skin Of Our Teeth,"

                                    Don't ask me why.  The only thought I have given to Tallulah, lately, is David's having recorded "Die! Die! My Darling!," which I am sure all on here know and love, and how we have to watch it when there is a spare moment.  It is such fun. And Yootha Joyce almost steals the show as a housekeeper who would make Mrs. Danvers seem placid, by comparison!

                                     Plus, I don't even like this play.  As can be seen from the photo, it is pretty surreal.  Not like "Our Town," or even "The Matchmaker," which is how I think of Wilder.

                                      Yet, Tallulah and I were out there on stage, in it.  She, of course, played her signature role of Sabrina.  I cannot recall what I played, though one of these other two might be fine for me.

                                       But, in the scene, we were having a heated exchange of dialogue on stage.

                                        It figures!  Tallulah and I????????????  Can you imagine what it would be  like??????????  Two divas facing off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         What a challenge for both Tallulah and I!!!!!!!!!!!  Our dressing rooms would have to be at opposite ends of the theater!  And pity the poor stage manager!

                                            Only in my dreams, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: