Followers

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Darlings, I Survived The Eclipse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             As crazy as it may seem, I was terrified of this event.  I knew it was not the Miracle Of The Sun, like at Fatima, so I did not expect apparitions of Jacinta and Francisco Marto to appear.  Now, that would have been something to see.

                              The whole thing about the eclipse, one's eyes, and how to look at it while protecting them, freaked me out.  I was so terrified, I thought just looking out a window, during the eclipse, would blind me.  I stared the whole time at the computer screen, watching some gems that I promise I will share with everyone.

                               And really, with everyone obsessed about this, I began to wonder?  Was this the Apocalypse?  The Rapture, for those who believe in that?  Were we all going to disintegrate?  Was this "The Twilight Zone?"  If so, then where the hell was Lois Nettleton?

                                You can imagine my relief, when it was over.  Now, we have to face another one in seven years?

                                  The one thing I should have done is listen to Carly Simon, because in "You're So Vain," there is that wonderful line, "Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia/To see the total eclipse of the sun."

                                     Be here with us, Carly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In seven years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I thought of Carly too, her song is so much better than "total eclipse of the heart"
I also was concerned, about letting the children look out the window, and myself as well; my vision is bad enough already lol

The Raving Queen said...


It's funny; I love Bonnie Tyler's
song, but never gave it a thought, that
day. Then, I saw that music video with
Bonnie singing on the day of the eclipse.
I was horrified. Not only did she look
awful, her voice was gone.

There was a video made when she was
in her physical and vocal prime, of
the song. See that, to get at the
song and Bonnie's voice--while it lasted!