Followers

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Today Is The 48th Anniversary Of......Woodstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          Yes, darlings, back in 1969, when this date fell on a weekend, Woodstock took place, and I thought it would be fun to kick off the day on here by honoring its anniversary,

                          Just two more years, and the half-century mark is reached.  I simply cannot believe it.

                          How to celebrate the day?  Well, if you want to get high, that is up to you.  I am sticking with my coffee.

                          But I plan to listen to the artists who performed there, and some of their selections.

                          And I encourage everyone to go visit the site.  Even without the crowds, it is a magical place, and, looking out, one can almost visualize the whole thing.

                           One of the greatest hallucinatory experiences I can think of!

                            Here is the best of the best--Grace Slick, and The Jefferson Airplane, waking up the Sunday morning crowd, with "Volunteers."  This actually took place on August 17, 1969.

                            Months later, when the album came out, and the weather was still warm enough to open the windows, one Sunday morning, at age 14, I turned my speakers to my bedroom windows, and the dial to full volume on my stereo, trying to duplicate this Woodstock experience.  How quickly the phones in our house began ringing, calling my parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Victoria said...

Groovy, man!!

The Raving Queen said...


Nothing like it, before or since!