Followers

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Some News From The Rialto, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Anyone who acts, at one time or another, has a role they yearn to play.  You all know how I have always wanted to do Fantine, in the musical "Les Miserables," though, while my voice is in great shape, my body is hardly emaciated and vulnerable looking enough to play this role, which could be dangerous for me, anyway.  I have, on occasion sung "I Dreamed A Dream," and, let me tell you, to deliver it convincingly I have had to go to some very dark places, which I did not particularly enjoy, even to get the results I wanted.  Doing this eight times a week?  I could have a nervous breakdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Realistically, while I am still of age, and have a voice, I would love to tackle Jean Valjean, Javert (because of "Stars) and Sweeney Todd.  We shall see.

                                 So, when I heard, this week, that next March, Denzel Washington will be doing "The Iceman Cometh," I understood where he was coming from.

                                  Except I have to say--Denzel; get over it!

                                  You, along with Vanessa Redgrave, consider yourselves the World's Greatest Actors.  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!  Jason Robards defined Hickey for all time, and I was fortunate enough to see him, so hang it up, Denzel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Though you are as arrogant and egotistical as Bryant Gumbel--and where the hell, now, is he?????????--you will soon be scrambling for those Fred Sanford type Daddy roles, sooner than you expect!!!!!!!!!!!!  You'll be back in the junk yard, like him, honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Kevin Spacey, a far better actor, attempted the role in 1999, and so did Nathan Lane at the Goodman Theater, that came to BAM, in 2015.  Four hours of nothing, to watch a one hour monologue???????????  Denzel, you are not interesting enough, to me, for that!

                                  You know who would be, dolls?  Antonio Fargas!!!!!!!!!!!!  You remember--he played Huggy Bear on "Starsky And Hutch????????????????"

                                    Now, THAT would be interesting casting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Denzel has, as we used to say, a rather high opinion of himself

The Raving Queen said...


Too high, if you ask me.
He once came into my workplace,
and the young kids got all excited,
wanted autographs. He completely
dissed them!