Followers

Monday, July 17, 2017

This Commercial Is Insulting To Gordo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               I just love Gordo, the boxer in the Febreze commercial, who reminds me of my sweet friend, Cujo.  I resent the ad's implication that Gordo is anything less than fresh and clean, because Cujo always is, and if Gordo's owners are taking care of him properly, he should be, too.

                               I have to wonder why this company's advertising staff is so fixated on scatological matters.  Not to mention homophobic; even more insulting is the ad featuring the bearded man, looking so angry, because he wants SO MUCH for viewers to know that he is STRAIGHT, and does not really care at all what the interior of his car smells like, so one can imagine what his home/apartment smells like, especially the bathroom.  Then there is that smirk on his face after the Febreze product has been installed in the car, with a woman seated next to him, making it clear the only reason he made this effort, the only thing he wants, is, of course, pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                What kind of crass individuals do these advertisers think Americans are?  Some of us have aesthetics and are literate, but it would not be gleaned from these ads!  I just hope Gordo is getting his fair share of royalties, and gets a better gig soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Would Esther Drescher put up with this?  No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So I found this cuz I just saw the commercial and I wanted to know what gordo's was. Now that I know its a dog how the fuck is this homophobic. They're talking about a dog not a gay guy. I'm for real about to blast this all over the internet cuz this has to be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read. And to further prove my point you should be aware that i am gay and the only thing about this commercial that offends me is what you wrote about it.

The Raving Queen said...


I actually need to clarify something.
I am talking about two different commercials.
The one with Gordo, the dog, is front and center.
The one with the bearded guy in the car is another
ad for the same product, and I found THAT ad
homnophobic. NOT the one with Gordo.

Chalk it up to sloppy writing or failure to
clarify. Guilty as charged. Nevertheless,
the ad with the bearded guy--he is at a fast
food joint--IS homophobic.

The Raving Queen said...


Unknown,
Thanks for clearing that up.
There is a boxer in my neighborhood
that I walk, named Cujo, and he is
a sweetie. Gordo looks similar
to him. Both seem like sweet
dogs. And I love Gordo, too.
Thanks for the info!