Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Girls, We Finally Made It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      As so many of you know, the Tradition is that, on the first Saturday of December, I make my way up to the Metropolitan Museum Of Art, to see what I consider the most beautiful of all the city's Christmas trees.  It is also a spiritual experience for me, deeply moving, and signalling, for me, the passing of another year.

                                   Well, our December was such a whirlwind that not on the first Saturday--or ANY Saturday therein--could we make it to the tree. So, we went yesterday.  The beauty and emotional arousal was still there, but something was off about a post Christmas visit to this spot I have been drawn to for nearly thirty years.  I am glad I made it, but what is additionally odd is that, once December roles around in 2016, I will make sure I get to the tree, pre-Christmas, which means I never went in 2015, but twice in 2016.

                                   Still, it was a lovely capper to the Holiday Season, and I feel better than if I had missed it altogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     It's there till January 6.  If you haven't been, go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: