Followers

Friday, January 1, 2016

"Give Me Back The World I Remember! One More Ride On The Merry-Go-Round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                        This song, which I recall vividly by Peggy Lee, popped into my head recently, and has not left me.  There is a reason. Its yearning for what has been--when you knew how things would turn out--resonates with me, especially at this time of the year, as the Holidays end, the decorations go down, and I, like others, go into Seasonal Affect Disorder.

                         I cannot recall suffering this in childhood, or even my adolescence, but as long as I have been in adulthood, it pops up every year, around this time, and lasts until March, with the promise of Spring, and the days getting longer.

                         Thankfully, I have my love of books and my beloved to combat this malaise, but I think it is important to acknowledge its place in my, and many others', lives.

                          So, have a Happy Post-Holiday Season, and here is Peggy to help you get by!

                           It's the same wish as "Johanna" in "Sweeney Todd"--
                                 "If only angels could prevail, we;'d be the way we were!"

                           Guess the Holidays are over, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: