Followers

Monday, January 4, 2016

Oh, Those Breezy, Carefree Manhattan Career Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           To think I actually wanted to be one, when I was young!  Meeting for drinks after work, clandestine dinners, gossip, spacious, domestic apartments--the life of the Manhattan career girl, as was presented, was one of unadulterated ease and bliss.

                             Then, Reality sets in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Thirty plus years of running to the subway, dealing with the selfishness of other passengers, transit delays, and, once one returns from any holiday, a pile of work on your desk.  So, girls, let me assure you; after you have been at it as long as I have, you will have had it with the Manhattan Career Girl scene.

                                  It was enjoyable in my youth, as I was evolving into the Doyenne About Town I have transformed into.  But that whole office scene, by now, drags!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Career aspirations, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: