Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Another Jubilee Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             One of the greatest sets of all time, from one of the greatest films of all time--also made in 1941, and turning 75!!!!!!!!!  I am talking about "How Green Was My Valley."

                              That I should be writing about it today is interesting.  My beloved and I have a date with his Uncle Ernest for lunch, and, had we not, we could have gone to MOMA at 2PM, where this very film is being screened!

                               I would love to see this on the big screen again!  And I do not think my beloved has ever seen it!  Alas, duty calls!

                               But, at least I feel the Museum Of Modern Art is giving the film it s due!  As well as a tribute to Maureen O'Hara, whom we lost last year!

                                Oh, my God, stunning cinematography by Arthur Miller, Oscar winner for "The Song Of  Bernadette," that set, John Ford's direction, the cast....bring your tissues, darlings, you will need them!

                                 How I would love to meet and greet you all, at the screening!  Alas, I have commitments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  And NO, I am not being committed!!!!!!!!!!  Not yet, at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: