Followers

Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Disintegration Of The World's Most Expensive Shower Curtain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                  During my days of spinsterhood, I would liven things up by having, four times a year, what I called the Seasonal Changing Of The Shower Curtain.  It brought excitement into my then depressing life, and gave me a chance, like any self-respecting gay man, to decorate.  It also saved money on having to buy new shower curtains, since they were up for a specifically limited time.  They had no time to disintegrate.

                                    While in Queens--a time I speak of infrequently--I was so depressed I lost interest in a lot of things, so I gave this ritual up.  I got a clear plastic curtain, with green frogs on it.  I thought, at the time, plastic curtains were in style--many I knew at the time had them--and I liked the frogs, and thought about how, being alone, with no action, why the hell should I care being naked through cleat plastic?  Who was going to see me?  Not even Baby Gojira, who, in those days, was in the bedroom, keeping an ever watchful eye on my book collection, there.

                                      When my beloved and I moved to Bay Ridge, almost four years ago, we went to Gracious Home, up by Lincoln Center--where else, darlings????--because we wanted to create a special look for what has been termed our Fag Palace!!!!!!!!!!  And we found the perfect thing--a matching set of John Robshaw shower curtains, valued at $150 each.  We got three, because our tub's knobs and pipes are in the middle of the wall, not the side--just like in Queens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        We had the most elegant shower curtains around!!!!!!!!!  ANNA would have been impressed!

                                          Well, guess what, Gracious Home??????  After three years, the curtains, despite being lovingly care for, and washed, disintegrated!!!!!!!!!!  Four hundred and fifty dollars--gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine?  What is the world coning to???????  What kind of shoddy material did Robshaw use??????  Would Cecil Beaton have used such stuff????????  I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            So now, we have new, if not the most expensive, shower curtains.

                                             We should have listened to Diana Vreeland, who said, "Elegance is simplicity."

                                               And maybe John, or Gracious Home, should give us a refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: