Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Grace Coddington To Leave "VOGUE?????????" Is The World Coming To An End????????????????????????


                          This is the story of the month, darlings, and it knocked me for a loop!  Yesterday, thanks to one of my many sources, I learned that Grace Coddington, the Right Hand to Anna Wintour--ANNA!!!!!--is stepping down from her full-time position as Creative Director, at "VOGUE."

                            Now.  She will retain an office.  She will be in on several shoots and editorials during the year.  But, she is not going to be there every day to pacify ANNA, or comfort those who may be terrified of ANNA.  I am not.  I LOVE her!  Maybe I should apply for Grace's job!!!!!!!!!  Hey, ANNA, call me!  Wait till I show you the Baby Gojira fashion layout I have planned.

                            According to what I understand, Grace, who is 74, is doing this, so she can pursue other projects, most notably a fragrance line with Comme Des Garcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!   In most cases, this would be called retirement, but with Grace still retaining an office, I wonder if it is actually called "phasing out the older workers!"  And I say the word plural, because, with Grace a less visible presence, that is going to isolate ANNA more, so what's to stop Conde Nast honchos from trying to push her out??????????

                            I mean, IF--and I am only saying IF--ANNA were to go, it would be gently into that good night!  And, once gone, she would still be heard from.  How can this woman, who truly RUNS New York City, step down from her power perch???????????  How can so many of us, and our social scenes, cope with it?????????   I mean, I am not yet ready for the job!  I am just a humble blogger!  Well, a blogger, at least!!!!!!!!!!!

                          This is only January!  Who knows what is in store for "VOGUE" in the remaining eleven months????????????

                           Rest assured, if I manage to get a "VOGUE" office, you will hear all about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Let's start now, girls--SAVE ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: