Followers

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Girls, Have You Heard The Exciting News?????????????????


                            Darlings, my excitement could hardly be contained.  No sooner had I posted my blog tribute to Elizabeth Swados, than it was announced ENCORES Off Center would do a revival of it, this summer!!!!!!!!!!!

                             This, I have got to see!  Count me in for a ticket!!!!!

                             From what I understand, before Swados passed, she and Jeanine Tesori. composer of "Fun Home" (another show which uses children well) had been talking about a concert rendering of it.  But this is even better.

                              However, because of the emotional relationship I have with this show, that cast--Josie De Guzman, Trini Alvarado, Carlo Imperato, Karen Evans, David Schechter, Evan Miranda, Diane Lane and Bruce Hlibok, whom my beloved went to high school with--is going to be a tough act to follow.  This "Runaways" is to be directed by Sam Pinkleton, and choreographed by Ani Taj, who studied under Swados at NYU.

                                As one lucky enough to have seen the original production and cast, this holds much promise, but many indelible shoes to fill. It will be interesting to see how this "Runaways" comes off.  The ticket scrambling begins right now, I am telling you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 "And where do they stay if they stay. Well, they stay with anyone who will take them, hoping and praying, hoping and praying, 'Esperanda!!!!!!!!!!'"

                                   That last word means "wishing, darlings!!!!!!!  And I wish the best for what could be the Theater Event Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    I should audition!  Hey, I can pass for a high school student!  I can sing the hell outta that score!  Or I could work on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     How about  it, Sam and Ani ???????????????????

No comments: