Followers

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Darlings, How Did I Survive Such A Day Of Emotional Trauma??????????????


                            I know some Queens residents may attack me for this post, but, as I have made clear many times, my experience living there was not the happiest--though I did survive.  So, when I moved out of there, almost four years ago, I was turning my back on a part of my life I never, EVER wanted to visit again.

                           Well, sweeties, some things are inescapable!  And yesterday was my day to find that out!

                            My beloved, Auntie Alvin, and I went to the neighborhood of our friend, Bruce, who has not been well, to see him, cheer him up, and take him out.  Bruce lives in Briarwood, so, en route to this destination, we switched for what I thought was the F-Train, only to realize, when we HAD to get off at the last stop, which was Court Square, that we had been on the G-Train.  But, thanks to my Queens experience, we were not lost, because I knew where we were.  In fact, we were not far from one of of my favorite dining spots, Manducatis.  I was all in favor of telling Bruce and Auntie Alvin to meet us there!  Alas, it was not to be.

                           Next thing, we were on the Number 7 Train, and I felt like I had been transported back into time, witnessing sights and that had once been a part of my life, but now weren't.  Like my residence at Woodside.  I really thought 37-75 ^3rd Street would have been dust by now, but there it was still standing!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              And here it is!  Oh, my God!  I know it looks pretty from the outside, but when I look back on this pace, all I recall are the nightmares.  Still, the intervals were enough for me to survive 15 years there, but who thought I would ever see it again????????

                                 As for lunch, it was Dim Sum at the Hop Bo Palace. It was scrumptious, but dolls, my sixty plus age stomach, cannot take such exotica.  And that measurement is in years, not inches!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 But how filthy, gritty and urban Queens looked, a land filled with nothing but dealers, junkies and hookers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  I pray never to go back there again!!!!!!!!!!  EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: