Followers

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I Can't Believe It Is The Ides Of March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              This ominous day creeps up on one, as the year slowly moves on.  Here we are already, darlings.  The world seems like it is spinning faster than I can keep up with it.  I feel like Harper Pitt in "Angels In America." 

                               Just what is "The Ides of March," anyway?????????  To some, it is a 2011 Ryan Gosling movie, which was overlooked by the Academy.  To theater queens, it is the date on which one of the great musicals, "My Fair Lady" opened.  Historically, it is supposedly the day Julius Caesar was killed; at least, according to Shakespeare.

                               Different meanings for different folks.  Some positive, some ominous.  I am feeling a little apprehensive, as the time is slowly, inexorably, drawing near to my dental appointment--and you know how I dread that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   So, I think I will dwell on the positive, and keep the remembrance of the opening of "My Fair Lady" close to my heart and mind!!!!!!!!!!

                                 And here is the classic overture, from that classic show, to remind you of the joy of this day!!!!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: