Followers

Monday, March 13, 2017

Judy Davis Stole "Feud" Last Night, As Hedda Hopper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 As bitchy and expository I get on this blog, it doesn't begin to match Hedda Hopper, and I have nowhere near her power!  If only I had!

                                  Which was why it was such a pleasure to see gifted actress Judy Davis walk off with the show, on "Feud--Bette And Joan," last night. 

                                    That yellow thing she wore was inspired!  How I would love to wear it myself!  And the power she wielded, with just a small pencil, and a pad the size of a matchbook!!!!!!!!!!   Who the hell needs Smart Phones and AP's?  Hedda didn't!  And neither do I!!!!!!!!!

                                    Hedda was going up till 1966, when she died.  Her peak period was the 1930's and 1940's, but, apparently, she never stopped.  I recall, as a small child, seeing Hedda on Art Linklater's old TV show.  They were talking about 1945--distant enough for me, dolls!--and who was big, then.  I heard Bing Crosby and Ingrid Bergman mentioned--and why not? They were a big hit that year in "The Bells Of St. Mary's"--but not Joan Crawford, in "Mildred Pierce!

                                    I wonder how Hedda felt about Joan??????????????

                                    From last night, they were, obviously, both bitches!  Who knew how to use each other!

                                     Maybe I should walk into New York restaurants, with a matchbook and stiletto pencil????????????????

                                       If only I could wear stiletto heels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: