Followers

Saturday, March 4, 2017

"I'm Alabammy Bound!!!!!!!!!!! Won't Be No Hung-Up Homos, Hangin' 'Round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                              At least, it is not the entire state, which is what I first thought, when I heard the story.

                             Disney is about to release its live-action remake of "Beauty And The Beast," featuring a well cast Emma Watson.  I had no intention of seeing it, as I thought the cartoon original, back in 1991---my God, that is 26 years!!!!!!!--was perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, what is the point?

                               Now, I have not seen the remake, but there has been all this talk about some sort of "gay moment"--though no one yet knows what that is--on the part of the character of LeFou, played by actor Josh Gad.  Maybe he has the hots for Gaston--hell, who doesn't???????--but this enough to make the Henagar Drive-In, in Huntsville, Alabama, cancel the film's engagement.

                                 First of all, who would want to see this lush looking film in a drive-in, anyway!!!!!!!!  Maybe Mama June and crew, who have no artistic standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  I love the person who says, "If I can't sit in a movie with God or Jesus sitting by me, then we have no business showing it.  We are first and foremost Christians."

                                   Really?  Was Jesus sitting beside you, when you voted for Donald Trump, whose mantra of hate has been spitting from him, ever since he took office?  Is it very Christian of you, darling, to hate a Disney film, because you hate gays?  You don't have to like them, but is it morally right to disparage them?  Would Jacinta or Bernadette?  You bet they wouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    And how is LeFou gay?  Because he is a bit flamboyant?  Then the blame must be laid on Disney, who, in trying to be innovative, is, at the same time, being offensive.  Of course, it is a rock and a hard place.  It is just as offensive to portray him as a flamer as it  would to =depict him as a great big closet case.

                                   The funny thing is, nobody gets riled up when watching Edward Everett Horton or Franklin Pangborn play live action versions of this character in Thirties films?  Were people more forward thinking, or just blissfully obtuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Seems the populace--at least of Huntsville, Alabama, is just plain ignorant!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Harper Lee, Carson McCullers, and Truman Capote would be appalled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Feytesfate@gmail.com said...

What was the deal with Frozen being a gay movie? (Do movies have a gender? NOTHING except humans and animals have a gender in English, as it's a Germanic language. We are not a Romance language with its gender specific articles! ) The snowman was silly and talked like a throwback to loony tunes, forgot to capitalize, sorry. There was one guy but two chicks? I am Catholic, love God, love Jesus, taught my son the theory of the Trinity with a Shamrock. No shite. I am also an Irish Catholic Democrat. My mother says "Of course you don't understand that, you're not a Tea Bagger like the alt right."
I was just mortified that I can't say alt. Country anymore to mean Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Wilco, Gram Parsons, and The Flying Burrito Brothers. And Steve Earle. It's the only country music that rocks. Round bout these here parts, sumpin wrong with yall if'n ya don't like no cuntry. And I don't mean no Steve Earle. That man's a junkie. Les' all raise uh red cuppa sumpin from Milwaukee to that there Toby Keith. And Ted Nugent, God Bless 'im.
Oh, that's why I didn't know that there was anything gay in Frozen, then?

The Raving Queen said...


I never saw "Frozen." All I know about it is that song, so I
was never aware of any gay connection. I can't answer your
question till I view it, but I agree fils have no gender. Like
books. As a child, I was teased for reading Nancy Drew rather
than The Hardy Boys. You know what? I tired; Nancy Drew was
better written.

But "Frozen" a gay movie? First time I heard that one.
I will check it out. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!