Followers

Monday, March 13, 2017

It's True, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "There Ain't No Coupe De Ville, Hiding At The Bottom Of A Cracker Jack Box!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                              Who could have thought that some of the wisest words in the English language would have come from....Meat Loaf??????????  The singer, of course???????????

                                I was musing on this point recently, not only in reference to "La La Land," but to Life, in general.  I also took the time to look up the classic song these words come from, "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad," and discovered the songs turns 40 this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Has it really been that long??????????  Forty is also the number of years, come May, I will have graduated from Seton Hall University.  I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What was I doing, when this song came out??????????  And why didn't its impact register on me, at the time?  Probably because I was too busy trying to get my life in order.  Or bring what I thought was to be my life into being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 I would never have imagined I would get to where I am now--happy--from where I was then--happy, not really confident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Perhaps I needed more Life Experience to round out my appreciation of the song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  So, for those who have arrived, and others who may be searching, here, for commemoration is this 40-year-old classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: