Followers

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

It Was Inevitable, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                            I can't believe it has not been done sooner.  Now, I do not know who this Ryan Raftery is; I haven't heard a name like that since the Mackenzie Philips movie, "Rafferty And The Gold Dust Twins," or Terrence Rafferty, the closeted critic at The New Yorker. But, then, all critics at The New Yorker are closeted, darlings!  Just look at that arrogant troll, David Denby!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            The idea of an Anna Wintour musical is something the theater, whether it knows it or not, has been crying out for. The question is, how well will it be done.  Now, MERYL sort of "played Anna" in "The Devil Wears Prada," but no one would step on her turf.  And anyone can don a Louise Brooks wig and sun glasses and say they are ANNA, but how much of a skilled impersonation does Ryan Raftery give?????????????????

                                              Judging by the poster, it played at Joe's Pub, down by the Public!!!!!! How on Earth did I miss it????????  Where is that personal assistant and publicist I so desperately need?????????  Now, the whole thing is being taken to London, so I don't know if Ryan will return and do it in a mainstream venue here in New York, or what?  Of course, it would be wonderful to fly over there, catch this and some other shows, and then, of course, meet Hayley Mills for tea at Brown's!!!!!!!!  But I have to see if my passport is in order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               An Anna Wintour musical is something I have to see, and so do all my girls on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 ANNA might not admit it, but I bet she LOVES it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                             

No comments: