Followers

Friday, January 9, 2015

Oh, My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those "Summer Magic" Dresses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           The dresses that Hayley Mills wore in the 1963 Disney film, "Summer Magic," are among my favorite of her movie costumes.  Did any of you , out there, girls, know that, back in 1963, when the movie was out, there was a paper doll set, where one could dress up Hayley in those costumes???????????

                                   I certainly didn't, which is surprising, because, at that time of my life, I was up on everything current in the toy market, and movies directed at children!  My parents certainly weren't, and, by this time, God forbid I should play with something outside the norm of social roles.  I guess they forgot how I used to play with Colorforms' "Miss Cookie's Kitchen," or "The Debbie Reynolds Dress  Designer Kit," when I was younger.  And Hayley WAS my role model; my God, to have been able to work with those dresses, even facsimiles of, would have been fantastic!

                                   Alas it did not happen,.  But that does not mean, girls, that we can't stop cherishing the image of Hayley in those dresses--and hair styles!!!!!!!--in "Summer Magic," and dream about losing enough weight to wear them, too!  Just take a look at these!!!!!!!!!!!



                                        I mean, just look at these, darlings??????????  Who wouldn't want to wear them???  And who wouldn't want to look like Hayley, back then?????????????

                                        I bet Hayley Mills could still wear every one of those dresses, today, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                              

2 comments:

Videolaman said...

I'm STILL waiting for my paper doll of Audrey Meadows replete with "Daytime Dresses By Pat Perkins"!

The Raving Queen said...


I would love an Audrey Meadows paper doll set!