Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Did You Know These Children Were On "What's My Line?"


                                I just cannot get "The Sound Of Music," out of my mind, darlings!  With the film's 50th Anniversary coming up, I find my mind turning even to the 1959 Broadway production, pictured above, with Mary Martin, and the Original Broadway Children.  I once had a 45 RPM of them, with Mitch Miller, doing "Do Re Mi" from the show. I was so young, at the time, I knew the song, before I ever heard of the show.

                                I have done posts on these children before, but some of you may not recall who they are!  I will tell you, and I swear, with my right hand on an 8 X 10 photo of Jennifer Jones as Bernadette, I am doing this from memory!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Ready?

                                  Liesl--Lauri Peters
                                  Friedrich--William Snowden
                                  Louisa--Kathy Dunn
                                  Kurt--Joseph Stewart
                                  Brigitta--Marilyn Rogers
                                  Marta--Mary Susan Locke
                                  Gretl--Evanna Lien

                             Marilyn Rogers, the original Brigitta, died on October 10, 2010, at the age of 63. As far as I am aware, the others are still alive!

                                But, don't take my word for it! Here they are, on "What's My Line?"  They all
eventually do identify their true selves. See if I am right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Raindrops on roses, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: