Followers

Friday, January 9, 2015

Peyton Manning, And His Stupid, Dumb Jock Nationwide Commercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              I mean, I am The Raving Queen, darlings, so what do I know, from Peyton Manning?  When I hear the word/name "Peyton," what first crosses MY mind is Grace Metalious' novel, "Peyton Place--one of my favorites, girls!!!!!!!--and "Peyton Flanders," the Nanny From Hell, played so wonderfully by Rebecca  De Mornay in "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle."

                             When I first saw the ad, I was instantly outraged by the utilization of the dumb jock stereotype.  But, then, it is conformist America that is being targeted, so what would you use?  Anna Wintour?????  Gisele Bundchen?????????  You think anyone outside of my girls, or in the fashion industry, has heard of THEM???????

                              "What a fucking pig!," I thought, as I watched this ad!  Catering to the dumbest element in America!!!!!!!!!!  This was bad enough!  It was annoying enough to watch this, in the first place.  But, then when I found that Peyton Manning was a real NFL'er, I was, like "Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Selling himself out, to the dumbest stereotype.  Because I remember the days when sports figures like O,J. Simpson. Alex Karras, and Pete Rose did ads, and they were fairly articulate!  Peyton's ad just panders to the dumbest of the dumb, which is why I hate it!

                                  Which only goes to show how money rules, and some sell their soul to the Devil, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: