Followers

Friday, January 2, 2015

You Can't Go Wrong Here, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              For my beloved David's birthday, we stepped back in time, to an era of gracious dining, white tablecloths, and Forties table lamps, making me feel like Claudette Colbert, dining with Joseph Cotten, in "Since You Went Away."  We had David's birthday dinner at Chadwick's on Third and 88th, in Bay Ridge, which is our favorite special occasion place.

                               I fasted all day, because I know, from experience they feed you well, here.  and so they did!  David had a salad with Gorgonzola, followed by a T-Bone steak, which was yummy, with home fried potatoes, and delicious sauteed spinach.  The spinach also came with my entree, which was Grilled Pork Chop Bordelaise, with mashed potatoes.  I preceded this with a Caesar Salad!

                                Desert was sweet, but simple.  No cake or candle--we did that at midnight before--but a Creme Brulee for David, and vanilla ice cream for mine, served in the most charming, and edible, cookie shell.

                               I am telling you, girls, my figure!!!!!!!!  I am glad we walked home after that meal, I am glad David was so thrilled with his gift, (tickets to the revival of "On The Twentieth Century," on March 8!!!!!!!!!) and I am grateful the day turned out as wonderfully as it did!  Plus a birthday visit, from our friend, Ellen!!!!!!!!

                               Maybe it is a good thing things come to a halt, today!  I need the time to rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: