Followers

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Let's Play "Crack The Whip," Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              How many out there remembers this game from their childhood?  One person is the lead, and everyone joins hands, and go running about in all directions---according to the leader, until he lets go, everyone else does, and goes sailing in all directions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              What a fun game!  When I was young, it was called "Crack The Whip."  Of course, since it was new to me, I thought my generation invented it. But this 1872 painting by Winslow Homer, called "Snap The Whip," indicates this game has been around for quite some time.

                                 Here is something we can all do, to cheer ourselves up, on Blue Monday! Of course, for me, it has been decades since I last did this, meaning, with my luck I will end up in the ER needing work on one of my hips!

                                    Ah, the carefree innocence of childhood! When one could fall and not worry about breaking anything!

                                     And when we really were virgins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: