Followers

Friday, June 1, 2018

"June Is Bustin' Out All Over," Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 That's right, girls!  It's June!  "June, June, June!"  And what better way to kick off this month than with its signature song, from "Carousel," which I plan on seeing this month?

                                  We have Julie Andrews to open May for us.  And now this.

                                   If only there could be a musical song for each month.

                                   But, for me, June not only means pride, but the birthdays of a lot of friends and family. I believe there are more here than in any other month of the year.

                                     So, I want to wish all my June babies happiness.

                                      As Freddy Cannon said, "Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                     Here is Shirley Verrett and Company doing it, from the memorable 1994 revival, at Lincoln Center. Which I saw three times.  I wanted to bring you the Original 1945 cast, but was unable to find it!  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You can see it in the trees, you can smell it in the breeze...

The Raving Queen said...


"Look around, Look around, Look around!"