Followers

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

I Always Wanted To Be Colonel Mustard!!!!!!!!!!! Or Miss Scarlett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vintage Board Game #11--"Clue!!!!!"


                            Of course, this was before I discovered "Gone With The Wind," where I realized I actually WAS Scarlett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              This is the very edition of "Clue" I owned, and it was one of the most played games in my childhood.  Mystery games were as popular as supernatural ones--Milton Bradley had Alfred Hitchcock's "WHY"--and this was the most sophisticated one of them all.  Because it came from Parker Bros.

                               The house game board was a classic.  But I loved the prop murder weapons.  And my favorite room in the house was the conservatory.  Which is what I used to call the part of the house, where my mother kept all her plants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                "Clue" was a clever "Whodunit?" game, with cards, score pads to help you guess, and you could even load the cards into the packet upside down, so that even the one who did this would not know the mystery.

                                     Which was to guess, who did it, with what weapon, and in what room?

                                      The funny thing about this game is no matter how many times it was played, even with limited supplies, it never got boring.   Which cannot be said about many other games.

                                      "Clue" is one of those games I still wish I owned.  True, I could buy a copy for myself, but the charm of the original edition I owned is forever lost, so what would be the point??????????

                                           Anyone who has not experienced "Clue" should!

                                           Don't be "Clue"-less, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: