Followers

Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Theatrical Event Of The Year Was One Not Seen On Stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               But it was live, darlings!

                               On the night of August 9, just one day after her passing at 89, I went to my first Broadway lights dimming, for Barbara Cook.  David, and some of my former coworkers were there to commemorate this theatrical event, which, ironically, surpassed anything on stage, since, Bette Midler aside, which we did not see, there was not that much outstanding work on the New York stage this year.  None enough to press my buttons.

                                 Next year are two potential MUSTS--Jessie Mueller in "Carousel," and the forthcoming revival of "My Fair Lady."

                                  Both of which remain to be seen.  The salute to Barbara Cook was my best theatrical experience of the year, by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    She is, and always will be, the Greatest Of All Cunegondes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: