Followers

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

This Game Was Not As Fun As Advertised!!!!!!!!!!!! Vintage Board Game #5--"Ka-Bala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                               Transogram, with the funny little man as its logo, also got on the supernatural bandwagon of the other toy manufacturers, which I owned.  The advertising campaign for this one was so enticing, making kids want to own it so much, yet was such a disappointment if you  got it. Because, being from Transogram, it was cheaply made, and did not offer the thrills promised.

                               "Mystic Skull" was better than this. On "Ka-Bala," the giant eye--which was not as gigantic as one had hoped--did not always stay on, the board had to be dealt with so delicately, or else the tiny little cards would spill out of their inserts.

                                 I cannot even remember what the object of the game was.  The one thing I am indebted to this game for is it introduced me to Tarot cards.  I used to have a deck, and learned the Arcana, which the Ka-Bala cards were a variation on.  My set I gave away, and that person has since deceased, so I don't want a tainted deck back.  Besides, these days, I have more of an interest in the Lenormand cards, which are so visually engaging, and I would like to learn these.  Anyone know where I can get a deck?  Or lessons?

                            Aren't they beautiful?  I love that Victorian, Lewis Carroll feel.

                           Hey, I know it is not Calculus, but when did I ever go the conventional route?
   

No comments: