Followers

Monday, December 25, 2017

I Have Posted This Pic Before! But, Today, For A VERY Sad Reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              I will start by saying it again.  Angela Cartwright and Heather Menzies were two of the most beautiful children ever.  Is it no wonder, during the heyday of "The Sound Of Music," I wanted to be them???????????????

                               Imagine the sadness to awaken--on Christmas morning yet-- and discover that one of my favorites, Heather Menzies, forever to be known as Louisa Von Trapp in "The Sound Of Music," died last night--Christmas Eve; how beautiful and poetic--four weeks after a diagnosis of brain cancer that, obviously, took her fast.  She was only 68.

                                 Last year, on September 17, we lost Charmian Carr, who played Liesl.  Now, just a little more than fifteen months later, we lose Heather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  I hope this is not some kind of SOM curse, where a Von Trapp child dies every year!  Please stick around, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Louisa will always be Heather's legacy, but Heather did so much more.  How I would love to have seen her as Merricat Blackwood on Broadway in "We Have Always Lived In The Castle!"   Who could forget her as the female half of the TV series of "Logan's Run??????"  Not to mention her sensational star turn as Strother Martin's daughter, in the 1973 "Ssssssssss......," where she freaks out, when her boy friend turns into a snake before her eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Not to mention Heather managed to land then one of the then hunkiest men in Hollywood, Robert Urich, having two of this generation's most gorgeous hunks, by him.  When Urich died of cancer, in 2002, Heather advocated, establishing the Robert Urich Foundation, making cancer and
"The Sound Of Music" her causes celebres.

                                    I seem to recall a period in between here, where Heather battled cancer--ovarian, I think????--earlier??????   But she seemed to weather it.  And now. Alas.

                                     Those of us who remember the original release and run of "The Sound Of Music," and who admire beauty, shall always recall Heather with fondness.  I feel as though I have lost one of my friends, though we never met.  To Nicholas, Duane, Angela, Debbie, and Kym, I can only say how sorry I am.

                                        Rest In Peace, Heather.  You will be missed by all  on whom you had an impact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Here is Heather, far right, at my favorite moment in the film--the end of "Do Re Mi!"  Go, Heather!  Wish I could do those steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: