Followers

Sunday, December 3, 2017

I Just Loved My "Uncle Wiggly Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Vintage Board Game #3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            An earlier edition of this game had someone on the box cover carrying balloons, but since this was the edition I owned, it is the one I love.

                            It was a simple enough board game, with everyone getting a plastic rabbit playing piece, representing Uncle Wiggly.  The board was laid out in a style similar to "Candy Land," and the object was to get Uncle Wiggly from the starting point, his bungalow, to the office of Dr. Possum, where he was due for an appointment.  This was perfect for Boomers, who were children, when this came out, and, as what goes around comes around, now it is perfect for them again, as, I can tell you from my life, it is now all about going to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           Along the way, a player would lose a turn, in my edition, by encountering something called the Bad Pipsisewah.  It was the most grotesque looking thing, if I remember, kind of like an octopus.  A true tentacled monster.

                            Like other of Milton Bradley's children's games of this time--early Sixties--its layout was distinguished by bright colors.  "Candy Land" had them all beat, when it came to visuals, but there was something sweetly gentle and lulling about playing "Uncle Wiggly."  A game guaranteed to calm one down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                             Try finding something like this today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                They don't make them like this, anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That version has the best artwork.

The Raving Queen said...


I agree. I have seen others,
and this was my favorite. Probably
because I did own it.