Followers

Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Literary Event Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    No matter what the reviews were, I knew I was going to have to read "Go Set A Watchman," by Harper Lee!!!!!!!!!  That's right--HARPER LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Which is why it was such an event. The author who, for over a half century, had been content to rest on the laurels of her masterwork, "To Kill A Mockingbird," was again speaking in her authorial voice.

                                        I knew it could never equal the first book--what could???--but I knew I had to read it.  My greatest fear was that my love for 'Mockingbird' would be diminished by it.  But, it was not.

                                         Instead, it was an interesting footnote into elements of the story that did not make it into the final work, and into Harper lee's history.

                                         It came, and it went. But there is no denying, future generations, once having read "To Kill A Mockingbird," will have to read "Go Set A Watchman."

                                          Harper Lee still rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               

No comments: