Followers

Monday, December 14, 2015

Darlings, I Always Wanted To Be A Snowflake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            What a weekend it was, girls!  A Hanukkah party Saturday afternoon, and then "The Nutcracker" the very next day.  I still remember my first one, back in 1978. There have been at least half a dozen since then. But I was especially happy to see it, as I had my beloved with me, and he had never seen it on stage, only television.  Darlings, as everyone knows, George Balanchine's presentation of it, which began in my birth year, 1954, is the "Nutcracker" of all "Nutcrackers."

                               And it still works its magic, from the growing Christmas tree, to the walk to the Land Of Sweets, to the flight in the reindeer sleigh at the end.  You want to fulfill your fantasies, girls??????  This is the place to do it!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 What would Lincoln Center be, without "The Nutcracker?"  It wouldn't, that's what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Much as I would love to swirl in my dream bed, and be carried off in the sleigh, I have always wanted to be one of the dancing snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!  White for purity, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      But "The Nutcracker" is pure perfection. If you have reached the age of, say 35, and never seen this on stage at Lincoln Center, well, what the hell are you waiting for????????

No comments: