Followers

Monday, December 14, 2015

Patricia Highsmith Defines Lesbianism For All Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             Forget "The Well Of Loneliness!!!!!!!!!!"  All that anguish, gnashing of teeth, and suicidal climaxes came to an end, in 1952, when Patricia Highsmith defined lesbianism as glamour and ambivalence in "The Price Of Salt, or Carol."

                              I mean, just look at that cover!  The glamour! To think that one can be a lesbian and still look and dress like that! It instantly gives hope to even those of us who are not.

                              And as the reader peruses what constitutes lesbianism here, who wouldn't want to be one?  Clandestine hand holding in white tabled restaurants with lamps, drinks, the most stunning of fashions--who wouldn't want this world??????????  I have been striving toward it for years, and I have no interest, darlings, in even becoming a lesbian.  I mean, I may be The Raving Queen, but I am still a man!!!!!!!!!!

                               But it is the Fifties, and Highsmith reminds us with a cross country car chase and a possible break that could spell classic homosexual disillusionment.  Except, she shows them all, at the end--as do Carol and Therese.

                                I related to Carol and Abby. I mean, I know suburban New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                So, curl up this evening with a Gibson, and read this book!  Hons, I swear, it tell it like it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    And just look at the cover of the paperback original. The horror of MAN, as he looks on in mortal terror, as two women decorously and decoratively declare their love! What is he terrified of?????????? I can tell you exactly what, darlings! He is afraid that, once women find each other, MAN will cease to be of any use to them, and, God forbid, he might have to become HOMOSEXUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     We've come a long way, babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                      

No comments: