Followers

Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Literary Disappointment Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                         
                                       I had hoped Jonathan Franzen would pull a triple play, with "Purity," which I highly anticipated.  Instead, it seemed to come and go, too.

                                        Maybe because Franzen never realized the Dickensian aspirations he had, because he was getting too muddled in the world of technology. How ironic that a man so down on technology--which I agree with--has hs  novel defeated by so much emphasis on it, in the first place!!!!!!!!!!

                                         I finished "Purity," but it was not a keeper in this house.  Still, I cannot get rid of it, because I could loan it to, wants to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Clearly it was an experiment that failed.  Will I stop reading Franzen?  No!!!!!!!!

                                          But his next book had better be a winner, or I might!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: