Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2017

So, Help Me, If I End Up In A Padded Cell, The Walls Had Better Be Pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             I first became aware of the concept of a padded cell, back in the Sixties, when, as a child, I read the Classic Comics version of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein."  In one panel, the creator, Victor Frankenstein, thought to be mad by his family and community, is placed in a padded cell--and the walls were pink.  I remember realizing why the cell was padded--to keep the enraged or upset who might flail about from injuring themselves--but I loved the style of the pink.  White just does not cut it.

                               So, please remember, darlings, if I am ever committed (hopefully not!) make sure the cell is pink!

                                 Or else the staff will find they have REAL trouble on their hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: