Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The First Book Of 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 And I am halfway through my second, so it looks like a reading year!!!!!!!!

                                 This novel is one that deservedly made The Times' Ten Best.  I am glad that someone on there had the foresight to unearth this hidden gem, a compelling and heady blend of Melville, Conrad, and Cormac McCarthy, the language here being as graphic and violent as the last.

                                    Whaling, sexual and moral psychosis, ethics--attached to a story of some Nineteenth Century whalers in the profession's last shining days--I was glued to these pages, completely enthralled. Those who have been yearning for a compelling read, look no further than "The North Water."   I was completely captivated.

                                       It will chill your blood. What a nice way to start the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: