Followers

Monday, December 15, 2014

Countdown: Ten........


                               Yes, girls, Christmas is closer than one might think.  I still have not done a bit of shopping--oh, we got Baby Gojira some ribbons for his feet-- so it looks like I will be scrambling at the last minute.  But now it is time to ramp up the Christmas music, so I am going a little more intense with "We Three Kings."


                               This has always been one of my favorite carols, with the "Star of Wonder" refrain a highlight.  It has been recorded by just about everyone, except, maybe, Lady Gaga, though I am certain even she sang it when she was a student at teh Convent Of the Sacred Heart!  Which is where I should have gone, darlings!




                                 I am using The Roches version, because it is so beautiful--especially the harmonies, the music is minimal, so you get the power of their voices.  As far as I can tell, this musical family, all in their sixties now, have stopped performing, which is a shame, and I hope they change their minds.  But here is a holiday reminder of how glorious they were.

                                Enjoy, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               


No comments: