Followers

Sunday, December 7, 2014

The First Sign Of The Year's Passing, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
                                     Even though my birthday falls in the latter part of the year, I count that more as a beginning than an end.  But, when I stand beneath the Christmas Tree at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art, I feel the passing of another year.  And gratitude that I made it to another appearance beneath the tree, and pray that my beloved and I are again standing beneath it in 2015!

                                      And, oh, my God, darlings, when I stand before it, I feel like Jennifer Jones having a vision in "The Song Of Bernadette."  I am so convinced that this site is miraculous, that I would like to bring my glamorous friend, Ellen, and my elegant friend, Chris, to the foot of the tree, and have them kneel before it, because, I am telling you, hons, they would experience a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       As we almost did yesterday.  Now, in my almost 30 (maybe more) years of going to the tree, this has only happened to me twice.  We arrived at the museum at 4PM yesterday afternoon.  Around 4:20, the lights began to go out, and I knew what was coming up.  My beloved thought he was in the presence of me having a vision!  A saint I ain't!  At 4:30, as I knew it would, the lights of the tree, and the entire room, were slowly lit, as Christmas music was piped into the room, increasing in volume as the lights increased, until the tree was back on.  There were spontaneous bursts of applause, including yours truly, but I was mostly grateful to have experienced this with someone I love.  And may that love continue through the coming year!  You, too, darlings!

                                       Now, from the reverential, we went to the irreverent!

                                        Of course, darlings, I have known about Lypsinka, for years!  I mean, I AM gay!!!!!!!!!!  Well, after the tree, we took in her show, "Boxed Set," down at the Connelly Theatre, where we saw "RAGS!!!!!!!!!"  What a fabulous performer--just one of the girls, hons, just like me!  It was 75 mirthful minutes of high Camp that we both needed, after the week we had!  How many times do you want a show NOT to end????  It is rare, believe me!  Well, Lypsinka made us feel that way!  But she sent us home on a cloud, which is more than what I  have heard about that lackluster "Peter Pan Live!," which I am not even going to post on, because Mary Martin, who is probably still revolving in her grave, would have my head!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      What a day, dolls!  Today, this Sunday really will be a day of rest!

                                       But you all hurry down to Lypsinka for a Camp Fest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: