Followers

Monday, December 15, 2014

Girls, Can You Believe It???????????


                             When "Side Show" first appeared on Broadway, at the St. James Theatre, back in 1997, I remember, from word I had heard, walking in, expecting to see a real turkey!  But once the Misses Skinner and Ripley took over, I was spellbound, and, before it closed, I  had told everyone I knew to get out and see it.

                                Then came this year's revival, which opened on November 16, 2014, seventeen years later.  From sources I know who have seen it, it is wonderful, and some say even better than the original.  It was on my list of shows to see.

                                  Last week came the news that this show was being pushed out because the producers want to bring in another musical, entitled--get this!!!!!--"Something Rotten!"  I hope the whole thing backfires on them !   To leave "Side Show" in the cold, after all the creative work and energy having gone into it is just criminal.  Especially when you have an actually substantial musical on the boards. How many times does this happen anymore, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 It is my most fervent wish "Side Show" finds another venue.  But so often these intentions do not materialize.  So, once more, quality has to be sacrificed.

                                 The producers of "Something Rotten" are looking good as contenders for this week's Bitch Of The Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: