Followers

Thursday, December 11, 2014

It's Time To Talk About Hayley Mills Again, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        There is just no escaping Hayley Mills--but who would want to?  Charming, gracious, the personification of class since the time she was a child, Hayley has been sneaking more and more into my consciousness, and, over the next several days, I will share some things concerning some of her post Disney work with you.

                                           From the time "The Parent Trap" was first advertised in `1961--I was all of six--I just HAD to see it!!!!!!!!!!  I loved the song, "Let's Get Together," and sang it all the time.  And when I saw the movie, I wanted to BE Hayley Mills!!!!!!!!!!  I mean, I would have been a brilliant actress, and gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What more could one want??????????
                                   
                                       I mean, look at this poster for "Summer Magic."  "Hayley's in a whirl!......breezing through her sixteenth summer!"  If only MY sixteenth summer had been like that!
But, when one is Hayley Mills, it is sheer enchantment!  Sometime, I will have to tell you about when I saw "Summer Magic;" it is quite a story.  Much more than Hayley and the "Ugly Bug Ball!"

                                       Here is Hayley at her loveliest, when she was the Mystery Guest on "What's My Line?" just before "That Darn Cat" came out, back in 1965!!!!!!!!!  

                                        How much more lovely can one get???????????????????????


No comments: