Followers

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Just Three Weeks To Go, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              Can you believe it is only three weeks till Christmas????????  I haven't done an ounce of shopping, and I haven't decided what I am going to do about my beloved--his birthday is exactly one week later, on New Years Day!!!!!!!!  He asked me what I want for Christmas, and I was at a loss.  I have so much already, him to love being the best, and I got so many fabulous gifts for my birthday last month that, truth to tell, I am at a loss for words--a rarity for me, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                But the time is drawing near.  Last night the Rockefeller Center Tree was lit, and while the ceremony was beautiful, the likes of Mariah Carey and such paltry talent that I can't even name them--Lady Gaga being an exception--, that the days when folks like Rosemary Clooney and such would appear--people with REAL voices came flooding back to me, in a wave of memories that almost had me in tears!

                                  No sad songs today, girls!  I have chosen one of the earliest of what are called "Christmas Novelty Songs;" in fact, it is downright campy.  It was one of the first I owned, and learned, as a child!

                                   This was firsts written and performed by Sid Tepper and Roy C. Bennett in 1955!  The most famous version, and the one I owned was by Art Mooney and His Orchestra,sung by a then six-year-old Barry Gordon!

                                     Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: