Followers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

To Think That This Inspired, To Some Degree, "Into The Woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                              I had never heard of "The Teddy Bears' Picnic," until I read a reference to it, ion a recent review of the movie, "Into The Woods."  I had to look it up, to see how it fit this idea, and I have to say, with what I have found, it is easy to say Sondheim may very well have by influenced by this piece, especially in composing and structuring the Opening Prologue to his piece.

                               Of course, I just had to share it with all my girls!  So, here is Anne Murray, whose warm voice gives it a very soothing quality.  Given the lyrics, I can see how performers like Johnny Depp or Gene Wilder could give it a darker twist, which points more toward Sondheim.  I am sure he came across it, while writing "Into The Woods."

                                So, here is Anne Murray's lovely rendering to share with you all, on this, the last day of the month, AND the year, as we begin to wind down!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Happiness, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: