Followers

Friday, December 5, 2014

Only 20 Days To Go, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           We attended our first Christmas party of the Season, and I am hanging by the ceiling. No, darlings, I am not hung over, though my friend, Joel, one of our hosts, still makes the world's best Mai Tais, but I only had one.  It required to miss "Peter Pan Live!," but from what my sources tell me, it was worth missing.

                              The reason I am hanging from the ceiling has less to do with consumption, and more with commutation.  We left late, around 11PM, and knew we were in for a long night. But not as long as we expected.  Are you ready for this, girls?  We waited at the 42nd Street subway station, for an R train to come along, because the announcer, while broadcasting problems on the 2 and 3 lines into Brooklyn, kept referring to the R train as running.  Oh, yeah?

                                 After an hour, and with me getting more tired and cranky, and my beloved looking he was going to plotz, we hopped an N train, where we were finally told the R train was not running that night.  Some signs or announcements might have helped, MTA people!  So, half asleep, we trudged home to 59th Street, only two stops away.  They had a shuttle R train come and take Bay Ridgers into their enclave.  We did not walk in the door till after 1AM, and did not get to bed until 1:30!  I can barely function!

                                 Fuck you, MTA, and you want ANOTHER fare hike??????????????????????

                                 But Christmas is closing in, so, to calm frayed nerves here is a Christmas favorite of mine that one does not hear often enough--"Good King Wenceslas!!!!!!!!"

                                    Enjoy, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: