Followers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Bloomsday, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   Not only is it Bloomsday, dolls, but also Father's Day, and the birthday of my sister's eldest, my beloved niece, author of numerous children and YA books, not to mention the Baby Mouse books, too!  And when she was born, on this say, back in 1968, it was Father's Day, then, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    But, when it is not--and even on those years when it is--it is always Bloomsday.  As all  my literary gals know, this is the day, in 1904, in which the story that is James Joyce's novel, "Ulysses," takes place.  It is also said to be the day on which Joyce met the woman who was to become his wife, Nora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Now, my original idea to celebrate this day was to stretch out supinely on my bed, in the nude, while reciting Molly Bloom's soliloquy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But, with company coming today, including our beloved Auntie Alvin, I don't think that is a good idea.

                                      So, whether you sit down and read Molly's soliloquy, or try to, for my more reader challenged girls, or even read a more accessible Joyce masterpiece, like his short story, "The Dead,"  find your way to celebrate Bloomsday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       With maybe a spot of Guiness', or a shot of Bailey's!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        "......and yes I said yes I will YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                        Happy Bloomsday, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: