Followers

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Here Is Another One Of My Florida Fantasies, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           You've already heard about one of my earlier ones which was to be a Weeki Wachee Mermaid.  The other was to be in the water skiing ensemble at Cypress Gardens, especially the very one on top!

                                             These fantasies were from the middle part of my childhood, when I thought living in a place where it was Summer all year would be Paradise.  It never once occurrred to me that people live and work there 365 days a year.  How could men wear suits in such hot weather?  Years later, this fantasy lost its attraction for me, when these uncomfortable physical realities did set in--and continue to even more, as I grow older.  Who knows where they came from?  I can't tell you as a child, except that being out of school all Summer was a kind of Paradise.  As for today, I think is simply a delayed reaction to the passing of Miss Esther Williams.

                                                For all my Southern Princess posturing, I never wanted to be a belle at Cypress Gardens.  Sitting out in that hot sun as child, watching the water ski show was hot enough being an adult in hoops, lace and crinoline in that weather, as an adult, would not only mar my magnolia white skin, but I would surely faint as easily as Aunt Pittypat.

                                                   So, some fantasies it is good to leave behind.  And fun, sometimes to remember once having!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                     Now, a Frozen Margarita, darlings--that is one fantasy cum reality I will never grow tired of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: