Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's Going To Happen, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                    I thought it would, girls!!!!!!!!!!!  As of yesterday, I got word that the 2013 Mermaid Parade, on Saturday, June 22, is taking place!!!!!!!!!  The money has been raised, and I am sure a lot of folk out there are happy!  Including yours truly!

                                                     This has become one of those events, that, while it is a week away, sort of defines the halfway mark of the year, for me.  Hard to believe this event is only 17 days away; two weeks from this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                      For all my girls, who have ever wanted to be Mermaids, this is your chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Get out those pasties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                        As for me, I will be dining, prior, at a secret place I cannot reveal on here--even to my girls!!!!!!!!!--with a group who has been through this, for the most part for the last 20 or more years. My beloved Monsieur will count this as his fourth Mermaid Parade, so he, too, is gaining.

                                                        And is this actually the event's 30th Anniversary??????? Or was that  last year!  At any rate, I am looking forward to this event, seeing how Coney Island has fared in the wake of Sandy, and being a part of this cast of thousands--more people than in a DeMille epic on that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                         Maybe some Weeki Wachee Mermaids will swim up, just for the occasion!

                                                          See all my girls there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: